Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Bartlett Perry - via AHA

Source 10 gallons of fresh pear cider. “I sulfited to 50 ppm SO2 and adjusted the acidity to 6 g/liter with malic acid. This year I fermented with Lalvin DV-10, a Champagne-type yeast. I have used 11-22B and Ba-11 in the past with good results. I used Fermax slit into two additions, and fermented at 60° F (16° C). Following fermentation to dryness, I added sorbate, back-sweetened with cane sugar to taste, fined with Super-Kleer KC, and filtered. This perry was keg-carbonated at 2.8 vol. CO2.”


Primary Fermentation for two weeks at 60° F (16° C).


Forced CO2 to carbonate (2.8 vol).


The post Bartlett Perry appeared first on American Homebrewers Association.






from American Homebrewers Association http://ift.tt/1xFw6Dh

via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment