Thursday, November 12, 2015

Due South Employee Spotlight - via Due South Brewing

This month’s featured employee in our monthly email newsletter is Darren. To keep up with all the latest things happening at Due South by signing up for our newsletter here. If you stop by the brewery on any given day, there’s a really good chance you’ll see Darren working hard either in the brewery or behind the bar. He’s one of the few people at Due South who works on both sides.

darren

You work in the brewery and in the taproom. How do you feel about each of those jobs?
Working in the brewery is definitely hard work and the hours can be long but at the end of the week it’s nice to work in the taproom because I get to talk to people that enjoy our beer and brewery. It makes all the hard work worth it when you see somebody enjoying the beer we just made, and I get to talk to them about it.

What is your favorite Due South beer and why?
Favorite beer is definitely Calling all Cars. I love porters and I really enjoy how the coffee and spices play together in this one. I also drink a lot of caramel cream ale because it’s not too heavy but still has a lot of flavor. I really enjoy how the caramel malts and vanilla come together.

What do you think is the most important job you do in the brewery?
Kegging the beer. I do a lot of this and if the beer doesn’t get kegged then it doesn’t go anywhere. If the beer doesn’t go anywhere then not as many people get to drink it and that would be a crime.

If you were to tell someone what it’s like to work at Due South, what would you say?
When I tell people I work at a brewery I sometimes feel like they think that it’s like working at Willy Wonka’s chocolate factory when in fact, it’s very different. It’s a physical job and we all work long days. Of course there are perks like getting to observe and taste beers as they are being created. In the end I work with a bunch of people that are passionate about beer and they enjoy what they do and that makes it worth it.



from Due South Brewing Co. http://ift.tt/1WOX9d4
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment